Tramadol is a pain relieving opioid drug that gives relief from severe pain. It has characteristics similar to that of narcotic analgesics. It impacts the brain, thus giving you a different feeling in your body and it alters your response to pain. People who are battling severe pain can buy Tramadol online and start the medication at the earliest before the pain gets severe.
It is categorized as a non-narcotic drug. It is a schedule IV drug that reacts very quickly in the body, although one needs to be cautious about its intake as there is a possibility of addiction. This drug is considered to be very powerful in easing out the pain because of the effect it has on serotonin and norepinephrine receptors.
Tramadol Dosage and Forms
- Tramadol comes in two dosage strengths, 50 mg, and 100 mg tablets. Ultram and Ultracet are the two generic drugs.
- Dosage pattern for 50mg and 100mg tablets varies with age groups. There is a dosage pattern specific for adults, geriatric and pediatric.
- 400 mg per day is the maximum dosage level prescribed for consumption. For people who are older than 75 of years the maximum dosage recommended is 300 mg per day.
- Before you take the medicine, determine the dosage strength based on the intensity of pain. Dosage levels can be increased once in every five days, and that too after prior consultation with the doctor.
- The prescribed dose is 100 mg per day. It is the prerogative of the doctor to tweak the dosage strength depending on the tolerance level.
- Even at instances of dose increase, the dosage strength should not exceed 300 mg per day. Despite taking 300 mg of Tramadol daily and if the pain doesn’t subsidize, then the doctor might prescribe some other analgesic for pain relief.
- There are certain forms of that reacts quickly to the body to give relief from pain, whereas other formulations react slowly and take several hours to provide relief.
- The drug comes in immediate release and extended release formulations. Through several rounds of clinical tests, it has been proved that the extended release formulation of this drug is very effective in treating chronic pain and neuropathic pain.
- The immediate release formulation of this drug lasts in the body for 4-6 hours, and extended release formulation lasts for 24 hours.
- Patients with acute pain need to take the immediate-release formulation of this drug for every 4- 6 hours to get some relief, else the effect of the drug subsidies. The extended-release formulation of this drug is used for treating chronic pain.
How does Tramadol work in the body?
It is considered to be a powerful opioid that offers relief from severe pain. It simultaneously acts on the nervous system and the brain thus providing relief from intense pain. It acts together with opiate receptors that are located in the brain through its opium-derived synthetic substance, thus bringing down the pain sensation. Furthermore, it enhances the serotonin and other transmissions of norepinephrine. In fact, it gives relief from pain by activating micro-opioid receptors.
Tramadol gets completely absorbed in the body the moment it is taken. However, the full effect of can be felt only after an hour during which the drug reaches the blood plasma level. The half-life of the medicine is for 6 hours.
How to Take Tramadol?
- It can be taken every 4 to 6 hours depending on the pain level. It should not be taken in excess quantity than the prescribed dosage.
- Stick on to a routine pattern for taking Tramadol. It can be taken with or without food.
- Don’t crush or break the pill. Never attempt to gulp the powder or mix it with liquid and inject into your vein.
- Tramadol can be a habit-forming medication for people with a history of drug abuse or alcohol addiction. People with such qualities should abstain from taking this drug.
- The medication is recommended for short-term and should not be taken for a prolonged period of time.
- The tolerance level of this drug varies with individuals. But one becomes habitual to the effects tramadol upon taking this drug continuously for a week’s time. To lead a healthy life, treat pain at the initial stage itself.
- Never snort in the hope of getting immediate effects as it can adverse effects such as nasal infections.
- It is cautioned that the medication should not be taken along with alcohol or benzodiazepines, which are also known for its central nervous system depressing properties.
- If you have taken any sedatives, alcohol, tranquilizers or any narcotic medications in the past few hours, abstain from using Tramadol.
- Tramadol, when taken for the first time, can stop or slow your breathing; the same effects can be observed when you take this medication after dose altercation. Some people have developed seizures upon taking this drug.
- People with complicated medical history are advised to consult the doctor before taking Tramadol.
- Chances are high for the occurrence of seizures if you have a head injury or if accustomed to antidepressants, muscle relaxers, or narcotics.
- Never go away from the prescribed dosage. Misuse or overuse of Tramadol can result in life-threatening addiction.
- Say No to alcohol when you take Tramadol. Alcohol when combined with this drug cause serious side effects.
It is recommended that patients seeking pain relief can take Tramadol after understanding the side effects that are associated with this drug. One needs to be very cautious about it.
Before you take Tramadol be aware of the positive as well as the negative effects of this drug. People who are diagnosed with the below problems should not use this drug,
- Stomach or intestinal blockage
- Breathing or asthma problems
- Stomach Disorder
- Kidney or Liver disease
Drug Interactions of Tramadol
- Almost all drugs most especially antidepressants, over-the-counter drugs, herbal products, and vitamins interact with Tramadol very seriously.
- Drugs used for treating Seizures, and other drugs such as Rifamycins, Ritonavir (HIV Drug), antibiotic drugs such as erythromycin affects the working of Tramadol so badly.
- It is mandatory to check with your doctor and figure out the possible drug interactions if at all you take some other medications before you take Tramadol.
- Refrain from taking MAO inhibitors two weeks before the start of this medication, as there is a possibility of very severe drug interaction.
- Don’t opt for any clinical laboratory tests (amylase/lipase levels) while taking tramadol, since this drug gets mixed with the blood and might give an improper result which could be misleading.
Tramadol for Anxiety
The Tramadol is an opioid med widely used for treating the sensation of pain. Also as this med has a direct impact on the opioid mu-receptors hence there is a direct impact on mood depression. In addition to this, med also has an adverse property. That is by promoting the serotonin in the neurons present in the raphe nucleus this med is found to have the antidepressant property. Also, this is not new as this med has been tested under several animal studies for the antidepressant property. There is no proper medical evident result of comparison of Tramadol with the
tradition anti-anxiety medications. However, this has some proven medical history of the positive result in treating the anxiety condition such as Post Traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), refractory major depression and in severe suicidal ideation. Also, it is not significant in providing a last lasting result in the patients. This med is short-acting and hence further evaluation is needed in presenting this med as an anti-anxiety pill.
Tramadol for Fibromyalgia
Tramadol medication is also known to treat the condition of Fibromyalgia. As this is a familiar painkiller med the severe and exhausting pain of Fibromyalgia is treated using this pill.
Tramadol acts in the best way by increasing the brain transmitters such as serotine and norepinephrine. As these transmitters are found low in patients having Fibromyalgia. The Tramadol by acting directly on the brain receptors the level of serotine is increased thereby increasing the sleep cycle and providing relief from Fibromyalgia pain. A research study in 2015 has submitted that prescribing Tramadol for patients with this trouble has reported the lesser visit to the doctor again. and hence the report states that this medication acts best and effective in treating this pain.
Tramadol for treating Fibromyalgia is recommended by doctors hence take doctor consultation as taking Tramadol dosage above 400mg (overdosed) can cause serious adverse troubles.
Tramadol increased the sexual performance of an African man
A new and weird statement regarding the intake of Tramadol has been noted. As per the article published on GhanaWeb, a review on Tramadol has been posted that a new reason for Tramadol abuse has been recorded. An African man has been taking Tramadol for boosting up his sexual potentiality. As this medication is known to provide enough stamina for about 3 to 4 hours. However, Kojo SK is only 25 years who has become an addict to Tramadol for boosting his sexual performance.
Tramadol purchase information
Nowadays pain is the common thing for each and everyone in this world. But to treat pain, there are a few painkiller medications are available, among that Tramadol considered as the one of the best medicine in the world to treat moderate to severe pains. Most of the people prefer online pharmacies to buy Tramadol, this is because of the advantages of the internet drugstores. Since the medicine is announced as a prescription based medicine no one can get the drug without a prescription. Hence many online stores are providing the online Rx after the consultation with their certified healthcare professionals to obtain the medicine in a legal way.
You will end up with many sites which are made Tramadol buying online easy but make sure that those online pharmacies would meet with the authentic site checklist points. Even few online med shops would sell the medicines at an extremely lower place but actually, legitimate drugstores would not do like this. It is always best to consult with your doctor about buying Tramadol online and once you are done buying online, make sure that you show it the healthcare professional to be on the safer side.